PROFESSION World Ironwomen Champion, Exercise Physiologist
- Secret passion/ i.e. are you artistic, like cooking etc?
- I play the Violin
- Guilty Pleasure
- Favourite Food
- Breakfast! I can’t just pick one food.
- Favourite Beverage
- A Banana Protein Smoothie
- What helps you get up on those early mornings to train?
- When it’s cold, dark and I’m tired, it’s sometime hard to get up in the mornings. I love racing when I’m fit and at my peak, so training and getting up early both my motivator and a necessity if I want to be my best. I’m also motivated by breakfast! After training, breakfast seems so much more satisfying.
- Do you have a fitness goal?
- My next fitness goal is to complete the Molokai to Oahu 52km channel crossing on a paddleboard. This is a big goal for me as the distance alone will be a huge mental and physical challenge. My goal after that is to reclaim my Surf Ironwoman Series title over the summer season.
- What are you doing to achieve it
- I’m am currently doing a large volume of aerobic training. My training week consists of long board paddles, swimming, running, gym and also the odd yoga or Pilates class.
- Deepest fear
- Definitely sharks. I’m in the wrong sport for that. And also disappointing people.