PROFESSION Health and Fitness professional
- Secret passion/ i.e. are you artistic, like cooking etc?
- Studying, I’m a little secret nerd! I am always researching something and constantly learning! I also love attending fitness courses, events and seminars! Hearing dietitians, sports scientists, motivational speakers and public figures speak!
- Guilty Pleasure
- M&M’s Crispy Chocolates
- Favourite Food
- Favourite Beverage
- Red Wine and Kombucha (not together haha)
- What helps you get up on those early mornings to train?
- In short. Goal Setting, prior planning and being prepared!Put your workouts in your diary like they are important meetings you’ve scheduled with yourself. Bosses don’t cancel!The night before I lay everything out, my workout clothes, runners as well as have my Aussie Bodies protein Shake and breakfast ready to go. I normally commit to meeting a friend at the gym or bootcamp, so there is no reason for excuses!!A handy tip I also have is that, I set the most annoying alarm on my phone and plug my phone into a power point away from my bed, so when the alarm goes off I’m forced to jump up out of bed to turn it off, and BAM I’m up!!
- Do you have a fitness goal? What are you doing to achieve it?
- I currently have Plantar Fasciitis which has stopped me from running, entering half marathons and fun runs, for months.
I’m currently seeing a physio and doing a rehab program to get me back running at the pace and distance I was before, so my current fitness goal is to smash another half marathon before the end of 2017. I love running!!But that is NO excuse for me, so I find other ways to train and better my health and fitness that don’t negatively affect my injury. Each day I set myself little fitness goals for my sessions… eg, Last week I was doing 8 unassisted chin ups, today I’ve got to do 10. This helps me constantly grow and improve myself to become fitter, stronger, healthier and happier every day!!!Whilst I am a qualified personal trainer myself, I still pay other trainers to train me and schedule workouts with fit friends, so I’m constantly learning off others and being pushed to new limits!This also keeps me motivated and accountable!
- Deepest fear
- I’m a surfer and my deepest fear out in the water is not actually sharks, its hitting the reef, my board or a sand bank and injuring myself! Being held under for too long also holds some deep fears.On the land my biggest fear is definitely spiders!